JUMUIA HOSPITAL (Kaimosi) a subsidiary of NCCK is seeking to fill the position of chief of nurse cum matron immediately.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in vihiga county, Kenya. The position holder will report to the medical superintendent.
Main Purpose of the Job
The position holder is accountable and responsible for planning, directing and evaluating activities of the Nursing department, including implementation of the department’s philosophy and goals, standards for nursing practice and the management and development of nursing personnel. She should provide leadership and direction in all nursing matters.
She shall lead the team with system building, and branding, to bring nursing to visibility, and be a key person in restructuring and reframing nursing care and practice. She will work towards the standardization of nursing care.
Planning, directing and evaluating activities of the nursing department, including implementation of the department’s mission, vision and values.
- Contribute for development and implementation of policy, protocol and standards for safe and quality patient care.
- Provide leadership and direction to the nursing department
- Encourage a collaborative model of patient care by providing opportunity for nursing personnel to plan with the medical staff and other disciplines for the needs of patients.
- Ensure high level of patient satisfaction and work satisfaction of nurses.
- Maintain current knowledge of newer trends in nursing care delivery and incorporate this knowledge into daily operation of the department of nursing
- Develop a continuous quality management plan for nursing.
- Improve patient care through testing evidence, generate new knowledge through research and research driven audits.
- Guide the development of an efficient and effective nursing education and nursing research unit.
- Maintain good working relationship and frequent liaison with other department managers.
- Communicate regularly with the hospital director and give input on all matters related to nursing.
- Formulate, implement and evaluate a nursing personnel management program.
- Hold regular meetings with nursing department managers individually and collectively.
- Develop a mechanism for nursing staff to give input into nursing administration decisions.
- Conduct prenatal, deliveries and post-natal care for maternity mothers
- Make daily rounds on the patient care areas.
- Encourage a collaborative model of patient care by providing opportunity for nursing personnel to plan with the medical staff and other disciplines for the total needs of patients.
- Oversee the development and timely revision of nursing procedures to enhance quality of care.
- Attend to patient complaints unresolved at lower levels.
- Keep abreast of new technological developments in nursing and health care.
- Ensure the clinical competency of each nurse prior to assignment of independent patient care activities.
- Maintain current knowledge of international trends in nursing care delivery and incorporate this knowledge into daily operation of the department of nursing.
- Ensure that handovers are done properly to the next shift nurses for continuity of care.
- Involving in Discharge process
- Document standardization and follow up
- Ensure Compliance with hospital and legal requirements by fostering nursing practices that adhere to the hospitals and nursing division’s philosophy, goals, and standards of care; requiring adherence to nurse practice act and other governing regulations.
- Develop a quality management plan for nursing.
- Utilize standards for measurement of quality of nursing care to be rendered.
- Provide support required for quality management and improvement activities.
- Audit on Daily Nursing quality rounds in all the wards
- Monthly presentation on Nursing assurance
- Diploma or BSc. in Nursing
- Valid license from the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Must be a practicing nurse
- Knowledge in Medical services
- Must possess leadership skills
- Self-motivated and quick to take initiative
- 8 years+ Experience
- Must have worked in a similar position for at least 2 years
How to apply
Send your cv and relevant testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org before the close of business 7/07/2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Jumuia Hospitals does NOT charge any fee whatsoever for application, processing, interviewing or securing employment.