Mr. Kibuga Kariithi
- Director of Afrika Investment Bank, and Managing director of KARMA Management Services, a family office.
- Has been involved in conducting Investment Banking services, corporate finance and consultancy work, usually as a Lead Transaction Advisor or team leader.
- Former CEO of the Nairobi Stock Exchange, and Corporate Finance Director of Barclays Bank of Kenya where he headed the team responsible for Capital Market activities in East Africa and managed Barclays Merchant Finance Ltd (BMFL) the merchant banking subsidiary of BBK, with a balance sheet of Kshs. 4 billion.
- Mr. Kariithi plays a leading role in the development of Capital Markets in Kenya and in the East African Region.
- He has been a member of the Capital Markets Development Committee – an official committee of the East African Community; a Governor of the Kenya Private Sector Alliance, the umbrella body for the private sector in Kenya, an Advisory Council Member of the Private Sector Corporate Governance Trust, a member of the Association of Financial Analysts governing council and remains Chairman of the advisory board of the University of Nairobi, Finance Students Association.
- In 2001, Mr. Kariithi was inducted to the World Economic Forum as a Global Leader of Tomorrow. Mr. Kariithi holds an MBA from University, Toronto – Canada and is an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers (UK).
- 11 Nov 2014